Contact Information

Stephen D. Thompson
E-Mail: lifework50@gmail.com
USPS: P.O. Box 263, Hallowell, Maine 04347
Collaborating with the Limestone-Caswell Historical Society
& Those Who Can Say, "Limestone, Maine -- My Home Town"
Copyright 2011 -- Limestone, Maine -- My Home Town

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Tea with Margaret Chase Smith hosted by Laila Thompson (When civility and politics walked hand in hand!)

When I was quite young I remember going to Stuart and Nancy Noyes' home above Stuart's farm equipment business with my mother. She was attending a tea in honor of Margaret Chase Smith. As I entered the living room I saw the quest of honor sitting in a chair. 

The photograph below was another such tea in Smith's honor. This tea was in my grandmother's home on top of the hill -- Blake Road. This event must have taken place in the early 1950's.


No comments:

Post a Comment